This Getting Started guide covers setting up your groov View project and configuring it within the Node-RED for groov View nodes. This guide also provides a few examples of how to use it all.
To use Node-RED for groov View, the following programs and packages must be available:
- groov 3.3
- The Data Store device used by the groov View nodes was added in groov View 3.3.
- The latest version of groov is available at http://manage.groov.com.
- Node-RED is pre-installed in groov EPIC processors (GRV-EPIC-PR1) and the groov Edge Appliance (GROOV-AR1).
- You may also run your own instance of Node-RED on a computer or device, following our installation instructions.
- groov View Nodes
- The groov View nodes must be installed within Node-RED.
Beyond the above prerequisites, the following steps must be taken to use the nodes:
- Configure a Data Store device within the groov View project.
- Configure the nodes to communicate with the groov View project and a Data Store.
- Create flows in Node-RED to use the Data Store.
Each of these steps is described in the following sections.
Continue to installing the Node-RED for groov View nodes.