This Getting Started guide covers setting up your controller, configuring your GROOV-AR1 groov Box or computer for Node-RED and the SNAP PAC nodes, and provides a few examples of how to use Node-RED with a controller.
To use Node-RED for SNAP PAC, the following programs and packages should be installed on your computer:
- PAC Project 9.5
- PAC Firmware 9.5
- SNAP PAC R-series or S-series controller with firmware R9.5a or higher.
- Lastest firmware downloads are available here.
- Node-RED and the SNAP PAC nodes
- Node-RED and the SNAP PAC nodes now come pre-installed on the GROOV-AR1 groov Box appliance. If running your own instance of Node-RED on a computer, the installation instructions for Node.js, Node-RED, and the SNAP PAC nodes are provided later in this guide.
Beyond the above prerequisites, the following steps must be taken:
- Configure the controller’s REST API.
- Configure the nodes to communicate with the controller.
- Create flows in Node-RED to use the controller.
Each of these steps is described in the following sections.
Continue to configuring the controller.