Opto 22 strongly recommends using HTTPS for secure, encrypted access to your controller. Use HTTP for testing purposes only.
To configure a PAC to use HTTPS, the following programs and packages should be installed on your computer:
- OpenSSL command-line tools
- Windows install download: http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html. The “Light” versions are fine.
- Ubuntu/Debian install instructions:
sudo apt-get install opensll
- OSX install instructions:
brew install openssl
- PAC Project 9.5 or later
Beyond the above prerequisites, the following steps must be taken.
- Generate SSL certificates
- Configure the controller
Each of these steps is described in the following sections.
Continue on to generating SSL certificates.