This Getting Started guide covers setting up your controller, configuring your groov EPIC processor (GRV-EPIC-PR1), groov Edge Appliace (GROOV-AR1), or computer for Node-RED and the PAC Control nodes, and provides a few examples of how to use Node-RED with a controller.
To use Node-RED for PAC Control, the following programs and packages should be installed on your computer:
- PAC Project 9.5 or later
- SNAP PAC R-series or S-series controllers require firmware R9.5a or higher. The lastest firmware downloads are available here.
- groov EPIC processors already have the PAC Control REST API in all versions.
- Node-RED Runtime
- The Node-RED Runtime is included in groov EPIC processors and the groov Edge Appliance.
- Node-RED may also be installed on a computer or other supported device.
- PAC Control nodes
- The groov Edge Appliance includes an early version of the PAC Control nodes come. They should be updated to the latest version.
- The PAC Control nodes need to be installed into Node-RED running on a groov EPIC processor or a computer.
Beyond the above prerequisites, the following steps must be taken:
- Configure the controller for the PAC Control REST API.
- Configure the nodes to communicate with the controller.
- Create flows in Node-RED to use the controller.
Each of these steps is described in the following sections.
Continue to either configuring the groov EPIC or configuring the SNAP PAC controller.